21 Jun 2016
Another exceptional villa with high quality finishes and superb design is located in upper Green Point with easy access to the V&A Waterfront, the Atlantic Seaboard, and the city center. An array of excellent restaurants are only a short drive away if guests can manage to tear themselves away from the comfort of their villa and the mesmerizing views.
For more pictures and information related to the property don't hesitate to contact us.
Sincerely Andreia Salalidis,
Photographs are subject to private property of the owner.
9 Jun 2016
|Fundata Workshop | Romania|
A quick explanation of the skin colour is that historically Romania was invaded by the Romans, Saxons, Turks as well as Slavic and Magyars, therefore the influences in the North side of the country will be romanians with blond hair and light gray- blue eyes and in South, dark hair with dark-brown eyes (there is no such thing as gipsy colour, just neighbour influences).
First question that crosses someone's mind when choosing Romania for traveling: Is it safe?!
Of course it is. There are no personal threats, diseases or events reported so far concerning safety.
2 basic things that you should be aware while landing in Romania is taxi fares (the guys approaching you at the airport - which are practicing highly rates - advisable to order a transfer) and currency exchange rates (airport desks are the worst/ practicing high commissions or low rates - advisable to withraw from the airport ATM or use a bank desk situated right next to the car rental desks).
There are many reasons for one to visit Romania, but I will only point the ones I would personally choose to.
Starting with some countryside muse, did you knew that bio lifestyle is the new luxury of this century? Prince Charles of Wales definitely agrees with it since his first visit to Transylvania in 2008. More then that The Prince of Wales owes properties and promotes romanian villages regularly with no issues whatsoever.
Romania is still quite rural and no trip would be complete without a village 'taste' where you can easily interact with the locals, find accommodation and spend some quality time away from social media and the daily routine. When you will be staying in a village, not only your host, but the whole community will be happy to welcome you. There are quite a few areas where you could have a full taste of the countryside in Romania. You could try Transylvania (my favorite one), Maramures or even Moldova (the moldovan painted monasteries are a beauty), all worth going, as each area have it's own traditions, own cuisine and own magic, just like the greek islands. Aside from the unique beauty of the nature or the most purified air from the mountains there is also the most tasteful food so far, collected straight from the farmers (no chemicals or preservatives). Road trips are the best way.
"The central characteristic of the Romanian cuisine is its great variety. It is a cuisine influenced by repeated waves of different cultures: the ancient Greeks, with whom Romanians traded; the Romans, who gave the country its name; the Saxons, who settled in southern Transylvania; the Turks, who for centuries dominated Romania; as well as Slavic and Magyar neighbors. All of these influences gradually blended into the varied and delicious Romanian culinary tradition"
(Nicolae Klepper — Taste of Romania)
How do I spend my escapes to Romania? Well I get a bit of taste from everything.
I treat myself with a night out in the restless Bucharest (as everyone knows the capital is famous for the crazy nightlife and the most luxurious parties), one day of visiting friends or places and of course 2 days at the countryside, away from the London vibes and work routine, at the end of the day everyone needs to recharge their batteries, isn't it.
Other strong reasons to visit Romania:
- Well Rucar - Bran Pass is one of the best landscape roads, Piatra Craiului Mountains and Bucegi National Park will be joining you all the way offering spectacular and unique views in Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter time.
- Sibiu City and Sighisoara Citadel - are the most beautiful and well preserved inhabited citadels in Europe and has been listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Quick train links to get to one of these cities are from Bucharest, Brasov, Prague, Vienna or Budapest.
- Transfagarasan Road - worlds best road according to Top Gear. 90 km/ 56 miles long, built between '70-'74, by the military forces as a strategic military route to cross the mountains in case the Soviets attempt to move to Romania.
- Climb Moldoveanu Peak. 2,544m the highest mountain in Romania. Some says that you can even see the Black Sea in a blue sky day. :J Up the mountain the trek should take you around 4 hours. There is nothing more beautiful than waking up with such view, trust me, i've done it, I bet on it!
- Spend a summer weekend at the seaside (Constanta) if you fancy the romanian show-off way. You will enjoy it.
- Another UNESCO protected site in Romania that worth spending some time around is Danube Delta, the largest river in the European Union which crosses 10 countries and with over 300 species of birds and 160 species of fish.
- Ice Hotel at Balea Lake: is open for business during the cold time of the year and it features a different theme every Winter.
- The Turda Salt Mine - Tourists are going 400ft underground to visit one of the hidden wonders of the world which attracts around 600 000 visitors a year. (many romanians visit the mines for health treatments). Salt extraction around Turda area is estimated over 3 billion tones since back in '71. Is a bit difficult to find a term of reference as most people have never seen a place like this.
- Interesting fact: The Cave with Bones - Current information relates that human descended from apes which all lived in Africa. At the moment the oldest known bone remains from the first wave of homo-sapiens came from 'Pestera cu Oase' in Romania according with the 2002 discovery. Being the newest cave discovered and not yet fully researched, Cave with Bones is closed for the touristic circuits.
|Fratelli Exclusive Club Bucharest|
|Rucar - Bran Pass, Transylvania|
|Balea Lake, Transfagarasan|
|Piatra Craiului National Park|
|Traditional outfit, Sighisoara City|
|Poiana Brasov, Winter time|
|'Dracula's Castle' | Bran Castle|
|'Dracula's Castle' | Bran Castle|
According with your preferences our team can easily bespoke a trip to Romania to remember.