27 Dec 2015

Christmas In Wien | A Pet - Friendly Destination (TM)

      First time I've visited Vienna for Christmas it had my heart. Little did I know that this will leave a massive impression over me, and it will create a Christmas tradition in my life. So here I am the 4th time in Vienna. Was the first time for my mom, Reza and my little girls. An extra reason to make it unforgettable.
Of course the Christmas Markets was heading the top of the list. The Viennese Christmas Markets are not only spectacular but also a holiday tradition that dates back over centuries. The first official Christmas Market in Wien was held in 1926, as an opportunity for traders to sell their goods to residents. We have chosen to visit the largest and most popular, situated in front of the City Hall and therefor named: Wiener Christkindlmarkt at Rathausplatz .
Although I am a 'comfort baby' I never say no to hundreds of stalls selling everything, from sausages and pretzels to dried fruit, mulled wine, and candied nuts. We couldn't resist on stopping to nibble something new and have my famous night walk through hundreds of years of habsburgic history.
Thinking about eating and drinking out?
Then you must know that organic movement is getting huge all over the world and also in Vienna.
The city is home to many organic restaurants that focuses on local product and healthy lifestyle.



About my accommodation:
6 years ago was the first time at this hotel(with no complaints, at the time was offering good service), Renaissance Hotel, recently joined the Marriott chain; recently renewed, made a great impression. Extremely clean, large rooms, excellent refurbished and spotless place for Christmas. The thing that I loved most about it, is that they are Pet Friendly. I was allowed to check in with my two little 'girls' without question(15 euros/n). Although is has only 4**** I could say they are going in the right direction for the 5th star. Complimentary wifi for emails is offered, but of course if you join Marriott Rewards program you will be able to upgrade your room, breakfast or services. I couldn't not notice that they have a great TV system, 1st class mattress, and good quality toiletries, plus filters for the water (absolutely safe to drink from the tap). Rooms has the  upgrades for 5 stars without question.
Since Austria is a very dog friendly country and tolerance towards pets, much more than in most European states, you might end up making a lot of friends when you go out with your dog, because Austrians are dog lovers and will come chat you up if they like your four legged friend. The procedures for taking pets into Austria are also fairly simple and easy, and you would not be required to bother with loads of paperwork or certificates.
Apart from this, dogs are welcome in most places in Austria, be it public transport, parks or streets.





                                                                 With a lot of love,
                                                                    A. Salalidis

No comments:

Post a Comment